Friday, 11 April 2014

I think I just invented the wheel!

 
Good afternoon dear Readers! 
How about this glorious weather then? I don't know about you but it's certainly put a spring in my step....and Jenny's! It was just what we needed after a tough Winter.
I've been working on something suitably Spring like and I've got to tell you...I think I might have invented something!!!!!

 
I was fiddling about with bits of knitting...like you do....and I realised that I had created a stitch that I had never come across before! It's such a wonderful little stitch that I feel quite sure that it's a worldwide favourite and you've all been doing it for years but honestly girls......I just found it by accident and I love it!


The wonderful thing about this stitch is that it knits up as two layers of fabric! Great for tea cosies and hot water bottles!

 
So .....I started to design this cute little tea cosy pattern! What do you think? Would you like to see the end result?

 
Or would you prefer to see gratuitous shots of my little Jessie?
She's so nosy!
 
 
So...Taa Daahhhh!
 

 
I must admit I 'm rather thrilled with it!
I've no idea why, at this point Blogger wants to move some of my pics to the side of the page but it's insistent so I'm just going with the flow and hope you can too!

 
I made it some sweet little flowers from my stash of scrap fabric.

I used my beloved Rico Creative Cotton and some Paris Drops so it's washable.





 
There...I think that's enough of that!
Would you like the pattern?
I hope that all's good in your worlds girls.. I'm still following all your blogs but I'm sorry I don't comment much at the moment. Somehow I'm struggling to find the worlds these days. Thank you as always for your kindness and for keeping in touch with me. I love hearing from you.
Big hugs
Amanda xxx

10 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous array of colours on your cosy. I like the shape of your tea pot too.
    Glad that both of you are ok. Hopefully spring is finally here. We could all do with some nice warm weather and sunshine in our lives. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute project! I don't know how to knit, but your stitches look so much like crochet o me. I love the colors! Very Spring-like :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!!!! I am sorry that I haven't been in contact much lately... I miss you and can't wait to see you. I'll email you over the next couple of days. Love me xxooxx.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That stitch is very interesting. You have a nice tall teapot, mine is short and fat, a bit like me ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes please to the pattern. It looks FAB! !!!! Hope you guys are ok??

    Love Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your knitting stitch very much and the tea cozy is just adorable. Thank you for sharing.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that looks beautiful. Love the colours, so springlike, but mostly love that stitch. Can't say I've seen its like before so would definitely like the pattern. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have definite tea cosy envy. Such beautiful, beautiful colours, Amanda. Now if you could just invent the crochet equivalent, that would be smashing!!! ;-)

    Hope you and Jenny are keeping well, my flower.

    Love and lots of sunshine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous tea cosy :)

    Hope you and Jenny are both doing great

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your tea cosy, Amanda. Thank you for showing this. Would it be possible to show the pattern, please? Feeling inspired to make one! x

    ReplyDelete